Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Thinking of You

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Animal Magic   

We are showcasing Gina K  Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used.
As always the lovely Heidi and team Simon will be giving away a $50 Voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store ! 
50dollar_voucher_600px


Sshh I know its not an animal but a bird I checked google and it mentions that birds are a class of animal.

I've used Gina K Wetlands 2 big apologies since the stamp set is now out of stock but I would recommend using notify me when back in stock. I've used a few times and it works a treat.

One of Hubby's friend as lost her Mum and he wanted a sympathy card, although I find CAS are the best way to go for these type of cards I would rather not make them.

I used Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Platform especially with new clear stamps and it help me to be able to create a scene. I cut the heron twice and fussy cut one so it is slightly raised.

Forgot to say I had already cut my white card with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles (the most used die set in my whole craftroom). Sorry they out of stock at the mo, will be back soon I'm sure.

My favourite stamp at the moment is Simon Says Stamp Thoughtful Messages and it as a beautiful Thinking of you sentiment which I've used here.

A bit of sadness to see so many of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge leave us for various reason and I wish them all well.

Good news out of hundreds of entries we are pleased to welcome and its worth checking out their blogs I know I have.


Myself with Lols, JoLinMandyTracy have been invited to stay with the team. 




Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.




21 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Its a really lovely card Debby...I would say a bird is an animal :) xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, the herons are fabulous, so pretty (yes they are animals ;-)) and the background and CAS design. are stunning! :-)

Its always difficult to make sympathy cards, but this is perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous and I adore that Heron Debby and the birds in the air go perfectly, and you have given it lots of dimension too. Such a peaceful scene. x

Carol L said...

Whether bird or animal, this is one fabulous card! I love the images and simple, classic design!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely, striking card Debby!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Debbie!
What a gorgeous card! I love how you added the dimension on the bird. Simple and stunning! I'm super excited to be on the Simon Says Stamp DT with you. ♥

Chrissy said...

Wonderful card Debby,I love this.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kim Hamilton said...

Just gorgeous! So looking forward to working with you on the SSS design team :)

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Debby, love the design and colour scheme
Lorraine x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Debby! It's so elegant and a perfect thinking of you card xx

Lin said...

A lovely scene, Debby! My Dad would have liked this one.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have never heard of this company but your card is beautiful. I agree cas is the way to go for sympathy cards

Marge said...

This is full of elegant mood and it reminds me of a piece of Asian fine art. Love it so much, Debby. Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm so blessed and honored to be on the same team with you. Marge♡

Misty Elam said...

Oh no, my comment disappeared... Did you receive it or did I forget to hit the Publish button?

Misty Elam said...

Let's try this again. What a lovely card you've created. I love it's simplicity. That little bit of dimension is just perfect. I just added the Thoughtful Messages stamp set to my wishlist. I hadn't seen that one before. Clicking that Publish button now. :)

Cheryl W. said...

This is a wonderful sympathy card. I think that CAS is best for this purpose, too.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh Debby this is beautiful - so CAS and so very stylish - love it! I am so happy and honored to be on the same team as You! Lots of love, Karin

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous scene, Debby! I love the monochromatic look!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Jo Nevill said...

I love your beautiful and elegant card Debby x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!

Daria said...

Your card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing the details.