Friday, May 18, 2018

Flower Cluster



A surprise fell onto my door mat last week with a die for the lastest Simon Says Stamp release Sending Sunshine. My die is called Flower Cluster which is a corner die and I have used it twice here. A small tip if you want to use twice like I have done,  decide on you sentiment and if its stamped do it before cutting the two flowers clusters or at least make sure you have enough room. I'm speaking from experience.

Once I cut the two dies I place tape behind so the sticky side was facing and I place the outline in place. I used a few of the white pieces so it looks like the background is coming through. Then I used green and dark pink card to make my leaves and flowers and yellow for the centres. For some reason I decided that one of the petal of was part of the bud and cut it in a red only to release it wasn't at all but just for today I think I can get away with it.

Since the sentiment I hoped to use didn't fit I decided to use the Message for Everyday the set is made up with these smaller sentiments for every occasion and more. Finally I used the Stitching Butterflies but I also used the body of the Adeline Butterfly.


I'm still trying to work out a better way of photographing my cards and I noticed that several blogs photo above the card and at an angle with some white wooden background. So I thought I would give it a try, need to work out the light, the picture had to be lighten quite a bit but I'm liking the wooden effect paper.





12 comments:

Viv said...

A lovely card Debby!

Francisca said...

Hi Debby,It is unbelievable how super clean your cards are ! Each detail is so beautiful .
Very nice card !
Many greetings Francisca

Pat said...

This is a very pretty die and the colours of the dark pink flowers make a good contrast with the white butterfly,edging and background Debby. A great get well card. x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I'm sure it was a lot of work putting those colored pieces in the white die cut but it was well worth it. TFS

Lin said...

I LOVE this, Debby! My die should be arriving later today, and I can't wait to play with it - your design is gorgeous!

cuilliesocks said...

Oh this is just so beautiful Debby, the colours are fresh and so pretty, beautifully designed, Kate x

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is SO pretty! Your color combo is perfect, and the white butterfly adds a stunning touch.

Sarah said...

What a striking card Debby and the new "staging" looks great xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous and beautiful card Debby.
I have trouble with "staging and lighting too! Love the wood effect.
Faith
x

lin_ka1 said...

Bardzo ładna, pełna uroku i umiaru. :)
Pozdrawiam
lin_ka

Misty Elam said...

This is beautiful!! I love the new flower cluster and that butterfly die. Both are on my wishlist. This is just gorgeous.

Gobiii said...

This is lovely!!! Beautiful piece as usual... I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures, the perspectives, but especially the descriptions and narratives...


Aluminium Scaffolding Rental In Bangalore