Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Going to the Zoo

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is
Summer Sunshine 
This week we are showcasing our very own Simon Says Stamp Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


You may be wondering what do animals have to do with Summer Sunshine, but Summer as a child meant days out, my parents couldn't actually afford a holiday but we did have days out and one of them would be the Zoo.

I remember Chessington Zoo being just that, it took two buses (we didn't have a car) to get there and I loved going. So to me this card is a great reminder of those summer days.

So to my card my Animals are Simon says Stamp Wild Cuddly Critters and used Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles to make a frame. It is a tall card because I wanted to at least three animals on my card will just have to use the Penquin later.

My papers are are Doodlebug Dragon Tails  and to hide my join of the two colours I used one of the Simon Says Stamp Eyelet Arch Border die. edited its not Dragon Tails its actually At the Zoo

My sign post is a cocktail stick and one of the Doodlebug papers had animal words which I cut out  the ones for the animals I used. Finally to finish off I cut out some small hearts and stars using Simon Say Stamp Holiday Shapes.

This card as disappeared into my DD room not sure who she plans to give it too but she fell in love with the it.

Ok a bit of waffling here but yesterday I went to Hampton Court Flower Show we had a great time and a big thank you to South West Trains. I never book assistance but the staff always ask if we need help. At big thank you to all the staff at Hampton Court Station who managed to fill up the homebound trains with as many people as possible. Yes it did feel like we were being herded but the end result with full trains and yes the guys even asked if I needed help.


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

11 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Aww I used to love chessington zoo ! Also the farm they used to hAve at Thorpe park that was out on a little island....you've got me remanissing now Debby.
Such a lovely card, you always nail the dimension on them xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your animal creation Debby ..like you my parents had little money and a trip to the zoo was a very rare treat

Anne

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Stephanie said...

What a completely adorable design, Debby! I love the patterned papers too! This is beyond cute!! : )

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cheryl W. said...

Sweet card. Love the colors you used. They're so bright and cheerful - perfect for a child.

Marjeta said...

Adorable card. Love the design.

Marjeta

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a cute card!!! I wish I'd known you were going to Hampton Court on Tuesday. We went that day too!

Pat said...

What a fabulous card Debby and I adore yoursweet animals highlighted beautifully in their stitched circles and the background is so pretty with the border die linking the two and lovely stars and hearts to finish. Glad you had a great day at Hampton Court. x

Snippety Do Dah said...

Adorable card! Your coloring is awesome!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous card, love it. The flower show is lovely isn't it haven't been for a while.

barb oliver said...

Lovely card, Debby! It has such a dimensional look.