Sunday, October 19, 2014

Snowfalling Snowflake


Apologies for the pants photo I've decided to to crop my smaller cards have a square so if I use them for challenges they don't get chopped up when entering. Works fine when I photo it on coloured background but not so with white.
Anyway back to card that I'm secretly pleased with, first off it the sketch on Freshly Made Sketches and before I got out the embossing paste I paper pricked round the edges but before I used the stencil I masked round the edges.
I then used the Falling Snow Stencil from Simon Says Stamps with white embossing paste then I made the inside panel. With the MFT scallop die and some Doodlebug Christmas paper. I used Rylynn Snowflake die from Simon Says Stamps but I added double sided tape on one the snowflakes to stick ontop of the other to help it stand out. Bit fiddly but worth it.
Don't you love it when an idea comes inside you head and it turns out OK.
Happy Birthday to my lovely Hubby who was happy for me to go away our Birthday weekend without him.

28 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Debby, love the piercing round the edges and the pop of colour from the DP. Susan x

Anonymous said...

Morning Debby, I LOVE your card, it's all come together really well. Gorgeous. I hope you are having a lovely weekend.....sorry I missed your birthday....Belated birthday greetings to you...xxx and happy birthday to your hubby. xxxxxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a fabulous design and I love the colours.
Happy Birthday to your hubby!
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

This is brilliant Debby. Love the gorgeous colours and the snowfall looks wonderful!! xx

misteejay said...

Beautiful card Debby - the kraft & white with a splash of colour looks super.
Toni xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Debby love the splash of colour against the kraft card

Anne

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous design.xxx

Pat said...

This is a lovely cas card Debby and the design is a little different and so clever. I love the Kraft card and that touch of blue paper with the twine. x

coops said...

so gorgeous debby.fab design and i love the large snowflake :D

xx coops xx

Nataliascraft said...

This is beautiful, i love the background and pretty snowflake x

pinky said...

This is different and very eye catching Debby, love it.

Sandra H said...

Awwww wow this is stunning x

Jacee said...

A little bit different for you Debby but I very much like the design, a really lovely card!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lynsey said...

Hi Debby
What a great card! Love the paste that looks great!
Hugs Lynsey xx

Chrissy said...

Love the snowy background and kraft Debby..fabulous modern designed card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Debby
Lorraine x

*Vicki* said...

So beautiful Debby!! Love your take on the sketch!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Debby,, such a fab design!
Helen x

Brawny x said...

Fab card Debby x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card. The snowflake is beautiful. Great design. Hugs, Carol s.xx

Kathleen said...

Classy.

Kath x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Debby
Gorgeous card.... Love the Kraft card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Tammy said...

Lovely card, amazing simplicity!

Jackie Scott said...

Beautiful card - like the colour with the kraft and white! Always like the look of embossing paste on a card.

heidy said...

Beautiful card Debby,love the colors you used!!
XXX Heidy

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Debby! Love the falling snow and that sweet snowflake! Super fun colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

The pop of color with the neutral is wonderful! Love the big snowflake - pretty card! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Kelly S. said...

The snowfall looks so pretty on the kraft background! Love the punch of color, too.